Every gesture, large or small, is a lifeline for people in need in Zambia. Members and supporters raise funds for the Trust in a great variety of imaginative ways - and often have a lot of fun in the process!
If you’re looking to fundraise but need inspiration, you’ve come to the right place. Here’s a snapshot of what our members and supporters have done for the Trust:
- Take part in a sponsored walk or run
- Organise a Zambia-themed party
- Invite friends and neighbours to a coffee morning
- Plan a sporting tournament (golf, tennis, bowls, etc) for friends and family
- Ask wedding guests to give a donation instead of a gift
- Persuade your church or place of work to make the Trust its charity of the month (or the year!)
- Ask for donations instead of flowers if you're arranging a funeral
- Sell all those unwanted items from the attic and the garage at a boot fair
- Donate your fee as a public speaker to the Trust
- Get sponsored to do something you've never done before!
If you sign up sponsors for something you're doing, please use the Sponsorship Form download so that where appropriate we can reclaim the tax through Gift Aid.
We hope these ideas will inspire you to do some fundraising yourself. Remember that The Zambia Society Trust has no paid employees and all the administrative work of the Trust is carried out by members of the committee and other volunteers who give their time for free. Our overheads are therefore extremely low and almost every penny raised is used to help improve the lives of disadvantaged Zambians through a variety of targeted projects.
Cheques should be made payable to The Zambia Society Trust
and sent to the Hon Treasurer:
Zambia Society Trust
1 Home Farm Court